Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, February 11, 2016:
- Developers of driverless cars promise fewer deaths and injuries from car accidents.That could also mean fewer cases for lawyers who handle auto injury litigation, but opinions differ on how much of a threat driverless cars pose to lawyers’ livelihoods.
- The guy who solved Uber’s insurance problem has no insurance background.
- Google is disappointed to learn that driverless cars will need a driver in CaliforniaThe state’s Department of Motor Vehicles wants someone behind the wheel in case something goes wrong.
- Meanwhile, the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration told Google that the artificial intelligence system that controls its self-driving car can be considered a driver under federal law.
- Edmonton will become the first Canadian city to allow ride-sharing companies like Uber to legally operate after city council approves a ride-sharing bylaw.