Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, April 13, 2015:
- The Ajusto smartphone app By Desjardins Insurance is a significant step forward and is capable of tracking more of a driver’s habits.
- Uber looks to beef up staff for self-driving car project at its newly created Advanced Technologies Center in Pittsburgh.
- A new study finds 12% of people will likely experience severe nausea while riding in a fully autonomous vehicle.
- While Uber is locked in an ongoing dispute with the City of Toronto over its right to operate, Toronto Police have cracked down on the ride-share service in their own way. In March, officers charged at least 11 UberX drivers with violations of the Highway Traffic Act.
- U.S. insurance regulators issue guidelines for ridesharing coverage gap.
- Every industry has a doomsday scenario. Usually it involves technology. For auto insurers, it’s the driverless car.