Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Saturday, February 28, 2015:
- The average auto insurance premium in Brampton is $2.393, the highest for Ontario cities, likely the highest in Canada.
- Lower gas prices will likely lead to more kilometers driven, more accidents and higher auto insurance rates.
- The U.K. is positioning itself to be the best jurisdictions for testing driverless cars with no geographic limits to test, no additional insurance requirements and no special licenses. Meanwhile Ontario has been taking over a year to decide what the rules should be.
- Old case but it show you how sophisticated staged accident rings can be. Peel police officer convicted of producing fake accident reports.
- It was only a matter of time, Geico is launching an insurance product for Uber and Lyft drivers in Virginia.
- Technology companies such as Google and Apple are unlikely to become mass car manufacturers, even if they have the potential to disrupt an industry increasingly focused on software and automated driving.