Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Saturday, January 31, 2015:
- To the list of jobs threatened by the Internet, you can now add independent insurance agents and brokers.
- It appears that Google cars drive on snow and ice like every Torontonian – like it was the first time seeing the stuff.
- Here are five pieces of technology your car may already have which are expected to evolve towards driverless cars.
- It is estimated that driverless cars could save Canadians $65 billion a year through fewer accidents, fuel savings, less congestion and reduced time on the road.
- Uber has suspended some drivers in California who registered cars for commercial use. But the DMV says that only cars with commercial registrations may carry passengers for hire in the state.
- Uber Toronto GM alleges 26 licensed Toronto taxi drivers failed to meet Uber standards thereby suggesting Uber has higher standards.