Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Friday, September 5, 2014:
- Ontario plans to reintroduce their road safety bill (formerly Bill 173) with $1,000 fines and 3 demerit points for texting while driving.
- ICBC wants to base auto insurance rates to cover the rising cost of injury claims due to distracted driving.
- One of the issues of self-driving vehicles is legal liability for death or injury in the event of an accident. If the car maker programs the car so the driver has no choice, is it likely the company could be sued over the car’s actions?
- Florida’s third-party bad-faith lawsuit environment may have resulted in more than $800 million in additional auto liability claim payments in 2013.
- The economic cost of motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. is the equivalent of 1.9 percent of the $14.96 trillion Gross Domestic Product which is nearly $900 billion.
- New era of self-driving cars will transform cities.