Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Friday, August 8, 2014:
- The UK had committed to launching a £10 million driverless car experiment and the UK government will amend road laws in order to allow trials beginning in 2015. This will kill auto insurance business down the road.
- The FBI is concerned that driverless cars will be used as suicide car bombs except without a driver.
- Insurers have been focusing telematics for young drivers but a study finds demand for telematics among older drivers.
- How U.S. auto insurer Progressive collected 10 billion miles of driving data from its customers.
- A story on how Newfoundland drivers have millions more in accident claims every year than New Brunswick drivers, but have cheaper premiums.